The Daily Gusketeer

Baja Trek's daily blog.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Capturing the In-Between

I was taken by these photographs by Frederic Lezmi, from the excellent online magazine Lens Culture. In the artist's words:
I have been searching for the "in between” – whatever lies geographically as well as culturally between my world here in the midst of Europe and my long term focus of interest in the Middle and Near East. 
They're my favourite kinds of photos, ones which hint at the beginnings to several different stories.The people in these images are all in that transitory space between destinations - such a common sensation that it's only recognizable when we see someone else experiencing it - just as the world around them seems to be in deep cultural transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment